Date and Times:
- (Online 5-days) Jan. 8-12, 2018 (1-5pm EST)
This 5-day online training course will teach students how to leverage the free NREL OpenStudio modeling ecosystem to quickly and efficiently generate flexible models for energy analysis. Students will learn effective modeling workflows for using the OpenStudio Sketchup Plugin to construct building form and fabric and assigning space attributes. HVAC and service hot water systems will be configured using the OpenStudio Application. The OpenStudio Application integrates with NREL’s Building Component Library (BCL), providing libraries of pre-defined configurable energy conservation measures for easily modifying energy models. PAT (Parametric Analysis Tool) will be used to demonstrate how model variants can be configured to run in cloud computing environments (Amazon EC2). Students will also be exposed to OpenStudio’s capabilities for extension through Ruby Scripting, both for creating custom energy conservation measures and for generating useful summary and detailed output.
- Learn to use the OpenStudio modeling ecosystem to effectively model the energy and lighting performance and consumption for new and existing buildings.
- Learn how careful OS model configurations can allow for rapid alterations and manipulations.
- Learn how to use the power of OpenStudio “measures” to easily evaluate changes to your building model.
- Learn how to configure the Parametric Analysis Tool (PAT) for conducting modeling studies
- Learn how to effectively extract and interpret results from PAT modeling studies