Continuing Education Credits: IBTS is authorized by IACET to offer .2 CEUs for this program. AIA has approved 2.0 LU/HSW units for this program.
Date: December 15th, 2015: 1-3pm (EST)
NYSERDA has partnered with the Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) to deliver live training over the next two years focused on the role of “energy specialists” and how they can support builders, designers and code enforcement officials and their value in performing a more significant role in Energy Code compliance and enforcement.
This session is an interactive, two-hour course designed for engineering and design professionals, code enforcement officials and members of the building community.
Course objectives include:
- Inform on the upcoming Energy Code requirements that mandate or permit using energy specialists
- Introduce the most common energy specialists, their skills and capabilities
- Discuss the value of energy specialists in Energy Code compliance and enforcement
- Identify how and where energy specialists fit into construction, design and enforcement processes
- Gather feedback from audiences on building a viable energy specialist infrastructure