April 4th, 2018
@ 3:00pm – 7:00pm
Location: Syracuse, NY
Designed for residential energy professionals, this course will empower attendees to develop a business case for energy professional services.
Designed for residential energy professionals, this course will empower attendees to develop a business case for energy professional services. Through break-out groups and discussion, attendees will become knowledgeable of their role in energy code compliance, gain the ability to identify the needs of various target customers, and learn how to effectively identify and communicate their services. The course will include a detailed look at the residential energy code provisions that permit the use of energy professionals, highlight best practices and case studies of jurisdictions currently employing energy professionals, and provide energy professionals with the necessary resources to successfully integrate into the current design, construction, and enforcement processes. Attendees will leave this course familiar with:
* Residential code provisions that permit the use of energy professionals’ services.
* What the needs are of potential consumers of energy professionals’ services.
* Business opportunities for residential energy professionals in the current code compliance processes.
* Ways to increase business by learning to effectively communicate residential services to potential customers.
* How to develop a business case to present to potential customers.
AIA LU/HSW, ICC, IACET, BPI, RESNET and NYSDOS ECCC continuing education credits are available for this course.
In association with the 2018 NYS Green Building Conference, this training is being offered free of charge. For more information and to register for the conference, please go to www.esf.edu/greenbuilding.