Date and Times:
- March 21-24, 2016 (1-5pm EST)
This advanced course focuses on using Ruby to code new OpenStudio measures and is designed for users already familiar with OpenStudio. Having taken our introduction to OpenStudio course is recommended. If you have not taken this course we may contact you to confirm your basic proficiency with OpenStudio. This class focuses on advanced use of the OpenStudio toolset.
- A brief introduction about coding & ruby language.
- Introduction of OpenStudio’s API (application program interface)
- Openstudio’s object & how to integrate them with API
- Access to building component library from NREL.
- Introduction to written measures.
- Demonstration of OpenStudio scripting.
- Deep interrogation of ruby language for OS measure writing which includes introduction of ruby objects & scripts.