Date & Times
- Optional – July 28, noon to 12:30pm (kickoff)
- Aug. – 5-7, 9am to 11am (training)
- Aug. 8 – 9am to noon (CAZ testing)
Accreditation: 7 PDCs
All Raters must pass the Combustion Safety and Work scope written exam and simulation prior to December 31st 2014 to maintain their Rater Certification! Raters who are not BPI analyst certified will need an additional 2 hours of field training by the end of 2014 to comply with RESNET standards. This 7 hour online training is conveniently spaced over just 1 week.
All existing Raters must pass both the written and simulation CAZ exams by January 1, 2015, to maintain their Rater certification.
This RESNET Combustion Safety and Workscope Training fulfill this requirement.
Targeting Health and Safety
- Ambient Carbon Monoxide per RESNET standards
- Measurement and protocols
- Carbon Monoxide in unvented combustion appliances (ovens and ranges)
- Combustible gas leakage testing
Heating and Cooling Systems
Vented Combustion Appliance Safety Testing
- Interaction of combustion appliances and makeup air
- Controlled and uncontrolled makeup air
- Venting configurations and interaction with the building envelope
- Depressurization, flame rollout, and backdraft
- Configuring the home for Worst Case Depressurization testing
- Measuring and documenting spillage
- Carbon Monoxide in the venting flue
- Variations in venting configuration and testing locations (venting & fuel types)
- Predicting and adjusting for combustion safety problems
- Correcting depressurization problems per RESNET protocols
- Workscope recommendations based on CO and spillage testing results
- Introduction to the RESCAZ training simulator
- Differences between the BPI and RESNET testing protocols
All online sessions will be recorded for later viewing for our participants convenience.