Dates: February 23-26th
PSD’s 16-hour comprehensive TREAT training, conveniently delivered through four four-hour live, online webinars, will expose attendees to time efficient modeling procedures and methods. Attendees will learn how to leverage the TREAT modeling software to model and evaluate typical improvement workscopes used by weatherization programs, construct energy models of multifamily buildings from ‘scratch’, and apply templates to streamline the evaluation of standardized improvements.
The course is comprehensive and will cover apartment sampling, energy model calibration, modeling strategies, data entry problem solving, billing analysis, quantifying interactions between systems, predicted energy savings, and calculating SIRs. Students will be given homework assignment each day so that they can practice building TREAT models.
- Learn how to use the “Multifamily Existing Building Improvement-Driven Modeling Process” for improving energy efficiency in multifamily buildings using TREAT
- Integrate TREAT into the auditing process to improve overall project efficiency and productivity.
- Build a TREAT model with an appropriate level of detail to generate savings and workscope reports
- Demonstrate proper use of TREAT’s billing analysis tools to import a building’s actual energy bills and analyze baseline energy signatures and historical energy performance patterns
- Incorporate ‘non-energy’ benefits (i.e. health and safety measures) into the TREAT model
- Follow recommended procedure for ‘true-up’ of TREAT model
- Create and analyze the investment potential of individual ECMs and interacting sets of improvements
- Produce appropriate TREAT improvements reporting for weatherization projects
- Use TREAT to determine actual energy savings vs. predicted energy savings