Filter Trainings by:
View All TrainingsTREAT TrainingsRaters & Providers TrainingsFundamentals of M&VENERGYSTAR 3.0Building Re-tuningTREAT MultifamilyRESNET Combustion Safety (CAZ) OnlineOpenStudioOnline TrainingRESNET Combustion Safety (CAZ) Field Webinars
June 2017 – November 2018
Why Take The Course:
- Home buyers are increasingly seeking energy efficient homes and recognize the ENERGY STAR label.
- Differentiate your business by demonstrating your commitment to quality, comfort, energy efficiency, durability, and the environment.
- Builders of ENERGY STAR homes experience less risk of post sale issues; higher customer satisfaction; and meaningful competitive differentiation.
This 16 hour training will be split up into 4 convenient half day online sessions. Each session will be held from 9am – 1 pm Eastern.
This training will cover the new requirements of ENERGY STAR for New Homes version 3 program. The training will include an ENERGY STAR v3.0/v3.1 Overview, Rater Design Review Checklist, Rater Field Checklist, and question answer sessions. At the conclusion of the training each participant will take an online test to qualify for the completion certificate.
This training is approved for 18 hours of RESNET Professional Development Credits and 16 BPI continuing education credits.
Materials: All attendees will receive a downloadable manual for:
- Rater Design Review Checklist
- Rater Field Checklist
- Program Essentials
- Program Requirements
Trainers: Ethan MacCormick and Emelie Cuppernell (Meet the Trainers)
Only 4 hours over 2 days, so it’s easy to fit in your schedule!
Time: 1pm to 5pm each day
Interested in reducing your modeling effort? TREAT Single Family training is perfect for new and current TREAT users. We’ll teach you the best practices needed to streamline your modeling time. Reducing data input effort, calibrating your models, and ensuring that your projects are accurate and show savings!
This eight-hour training will help you get the most from TREAT, our award-winning energy modeling software. The course focuses predominately on using TREAT for single family residential projects. We will cover a bit of Multifamily modeling towards the end of day 2!
- Learn techniques to streamline the modeling process and complete more models in less time.
- Learn the TREAT essentials you’ll need to become more productive.
- Utilizing smart defaults and preferences to reduce your modeling effort!
- Create a sample building energy model during the class.
- Learn more about some of the latest features available in TREAT 3.5!
Creating a model of energy usage can be complex! This training covers the TREAT features, including the Project Wizard, that will help you create TREAT models quickly and efficiently.
Accreditation: 6 BPI CEUs
Date and Times:
- (Online 5-days) Jan. 8-12, 2018 (1-5pm EST)
This 5-day online training course will teach students how to leverage the free NREL OpenStudio modeling ecosystem to quickly and efficiently generate flexible models for energy analysis. Students will learn effective modeling workflows for using the OpenStudio Sketchup Plugin to construct building form and fabric and assigning space attributes. HVAC and service hot water systems will be configured using the OpenStudio Application. The OpenStudio Application integrates with NREL’s Building Component Library (BCL), providing libraries of pre-defined configurable energy conservation measures for easily modifying energy models. PAT (Parametric Analysis Tool) will be used to demonstrate how model variants can be configured to run in cloud computing environments (Amazon EC2). Students will also be exposed to OpenStudio’s capabilities for extension through Ruby Scripting, both for creating custom energy conservation measures and for generating useful summary and detailed output.
- Learn to use the OpenStudio modeling ecosystem to effectively model the energy and lighting performance and consumption for new and existing buildings.
- Learn how careful OS model configurations can allow for rapid alterations and manipulations.
- Learn how to use the power of OpenStudio “measures” to easily evaluate changes to your building model.
- Learn how to configure the Parametric Analysis Tool (PAT) for conducting modeling studies
- Learn how to effectively extract and interpret results from PAT modeling studies