Filter Trainings by:
View All TrainingsTREAT TrainingsRaters & Providers TrainingsFundamentals of M&VENERGYSTAR 3.0Building Re-tuningTREAT MultifamilyRESNET Combustion Safety (CAZ) OnlineOpenStudioOnline TrainingRESNET Combustion Safety (CAZ) Field Webinars
April 2018 – February 2020
Register by phone: 607-277-6240 ext. 265
Date and Times:
- April 10-13, 2018 (9am-1pm)
Why Take the Course:
- Home buyers are increasingly seeking energy efficient homes and recognize the ENERGY STAR label.
- Differentiate your business by demonstrating your commitment to quality, comfort, energy efficiency, durability, and the environment.
- Builders of ENERGY STAR homes experience less risk of post sale issues; higher customer satisfaction; and meaningful competitive differentiation.
This 16 hour training will be split up into 4 convenient half day online sessions. Each session will be held from 9:00 am to 1:00pm Eastern. If this schedule does not work with your schedule, please contact us for other possible options.
This training will cover the new requirements of ENERGY STAR for New Homes version 3 program. The training will include an ENERGY STAR v3 Overview, Thermal Enclosure Rater Checklist, HVAC Quality Installation Rater Checklist, Water Management Builder Checklist, and question answer sessions. At the conclusion of the training each participant will take an online test to qualify for the completion certificate.
Materials: All attendees will receive a downloadable manual for:
- Thermal Enclosure System Rater Checklist
- HVAC System Quality Installation Contractor Checklist
- HVAC System Quality Installation Rater Checklist
- Water Management System Builder Checklist (or Indoor airPLUS Verification Checklist)
*Raters may optionally purchase a hard copy of the manual for an additional $100, however all material is available in electronic form included with the cost of training.
Trainers: Ethan MacCormick and Emelie Cuppernell (Meet the Trainers)
New LL87/09 Energy Audit Data Collection Tool
Date and time: Wed, Jun 13, 2018 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM EDT
The NYC Department of Buildings will be rolling out the U.S. Department of Energy’s Asset Score Audit Template (Audit Template) as the new Energy Audit Data Collection Tool for LL87/09 energy audit reporting requirements. In reporting year 2018, use of the new tool will be optional. The NYC Department of Buildings will still accept the excel-based Energy Audit Data Collection tool found. In reporting year 2019, this new tool will be required and the NYC Department of Buildings will no longer accept the excel-based tool. The Retro-commissioning Data Collection Tool will continue to be excel-based until otherwise notified.