Filter Trainings by:
View All TrainingsTREAT TrainingsRaters & Providers TrainingsFundamentals of M&VENERGYSTAR 3.0Building Re-tuningTREAT MultifamilyRESNET Combustion Safety (CAZ) OnlineOpenStudioOnline TrainingRESNET Combustion Safety (CAZ) Field Webinars
January – April 2018
Date and Times:
- (Online 5-days) Jan. 8-12, 2018 (1-5pm EST)
This 5-day online training course will teach students how to leverage the free NREL OpenStudio modeling ecosystem to quickly and efficiently generate flexible models for energy analysis. Students will learn effective modeling workflows for using the OpenStudio Sketchup Plugin to construct building form and fabric and assigning space attributes. HVAC and service hot water systems will be configured using the OpenStudio Application. The OpenStudio Application integrates with NREL’s Building Component Library (BCL), providing libraries of pre-defined configurable energy conservation measures for easily modifying energy models. PAT (Parametric Analysis Tool) will be used to demonstrate how model variants can be configured to run in cloud computing environments (Amazon EC2). Students will also be exposed to OpenStudio’s capabilities for extension through Ruby Scripting, both for creating custom energy conservation measures and for generating useful summary and detailed output.
- Learn to use the OpenStudio modeling ecosystem to effectively model the energy and lighting performance and consumption for new and existing buildings.
- Learn how careful OS model configurations can allow for rapid alterations and manipulations.
- Learn how to use the power of OpenStudio “measures” to easily evaluate changes to your building model.
- Learn how to configure the Parametric Analysis Tool (PAT) for conducting modeling studies
- Learn how to effectively extract and interpret results from PAT modeling studies
Register by phone: 607-277-6240 ext. 265
Date and Times:
- April 10-13, 2018 (9am-1pm)
Why Take the Course:
- Home buyers are increasingly seeking energy efficient homes and recognize the ENERGY STAR label.
- Differentiate your business by demonstrating your commitment to quality, comfort, energy efficiency, durability, and the environment.
- Builders of ENERGY STAR homes experience less risk of post sale issues; higher customer satisfaction; and meaningful competitive differentiation.
This 16 hour training will be split up into 4 convenient half day online sessions. Each session will be held from 9:00 am to 1:00pm Eastern. If this schedule does not work with your schedule, please contact us for other possible options.
This training will cover the new requirements of ENERGY STAR for New Homes version 3 program. The training will include an ENERGY STAR v3 Overview, Thermal Enclosure Rater Checklist, HVAC Quality Installation Rater Checklist, Water Management Builder Checklist, and question answer sessions. At the conclusion of the training each participant will take an online test to qualify for the completion certificate.
Materials: All attendees will receive a downloadable manual for:
- Thermal Enclosure System Rater Checklist
- HVAC System Quality Installation Contractor Checklist
- HVAC System Quality Installation Rater Checklist
- Water Management System Builder Checklist (or Indoor airPLUS Verification Checklist)
*Raters may optionally purchase a hard copy of the manual for an additional $100, however all material is available in electronic form included with the cost of training.
Trainers: Ethan MacCormick and Emelie Cuppernell (Meet the Trainers)