Performance Systems Development is looking for an Associate Business Technology Manager to join our growing and dynamic energy efficiency programs team. We are seeking a high-performing individual with a positive can-do attitude, experience in project management, and key strengths in the design and optimization of technology systems.
About the Company: PSD is an emerging national leader in the building science and energy efficiency industries. Our passionate team of engineers, trainers, building scientists, software developers, and former building professionals develop and deliver creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. We provide a whole-systems approach to energy efficiency strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective energy efficiency programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking and reporting. Our core business efforts span three major areas: 1) the delivery of high-impact energy efficiency programs for utilities, state agencies, and other organizations throughout the U.S.; 2) workforce development and industry training; and 3) the design and development of award-winning software platforms for energy simulation & building benchmarking.
About the Position: The Associate Business Technology Manager will play a key role in the definition and optimization of systems and processes supporting energy efficiency programs. Under the supervision of Performance System Development’s Senior Vice President, the Associate Business Technology Manager will work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment supporting energy efficiency (EE) programs. As the Business Technology Liaison for PSD, you will work closely with customers, program operations staff and our software development team, to define requirements for new business processes, work with stakeholders on process improvement projects designed to improve productivity, and oversee user acceptance testing of new products and solutions.
Position duties include:
- Formulate requirements and objectives for software solutions based on user needs and a thorough understanding of business processes
- Gather and analyze information and provide recommendations to address and resolve root causes
- Understand the value of a process-centric approach to business analysis
- Work closely with customers, business unit participants and technology implementation organizations to understand and translate business processes to functional system requirements.
- Facilitate dialogue across functional areas located in different geographical settings
- Review and maintain change requests to system requirements
- Implement user acceptance testing of new products and solutions
- Able to provide supplemental development support for Salesforce and FileMaker-based applications
- Act as a liaison between program operations staff and the software development team, to identify and advocate for opportunities to improve our software to better meet program needs
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
This position is based in PSD’s office’s in Philadelphia, PA or Ithaca, NY, with monthly overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3-6 years related experience
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once
- Prior functional definition or project management experience for complex technology solutions for small businesses
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong computer skills: MS Office, Excel and database experience; Salesforce or FileMaker experience a significant plus.
Preferred Requirements: Engineering/environmental science/computer science background, experience with utility efficiency programs. Strong preference for a candidate with Salesforce or FileMaker development experience. Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer