Looking to change the World? Worried about Climate Change and want to do something about it? Come join a dynamic team working to reduce the energy impact throughout the United States.
The Products group at Performance Systems Development builds and maintains software solutions to estimate and track energy savings in buildings. These solutions involve PSD software applications as well as integration with applications built by other parties such as the US Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency. PSD is a partner to these agencies and other market players in the development of innovative tools and systems to bring energy efficiency to scale across the US and internationally.
Effective delivery leads to satisfied clients and successful projects. The Build Release Engineer will have responsibility to ensure successful delivery of internal and external customer software solutions. He or she will ensure software products are configured and delivered to meet client requirements. The Build Release Engineer reports to the Director of Software Development and Delivery and is responsible for the successful configuration and deployment of software solutions. Performance Systems Development, based in Ithaca NY, is nationally recognized as an innovative company creating applications that are broad based and unique in the building science and energy efficiency industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain systems to support efficient and reliable deployment of customer facing websites as well as internal tool and services
- Troubleshoot and diagnose configuration and communication problems
- Configure internal and external software products
- Monitor production environment to ensure reliability and customer accessibility
- Streamline and further automate the software build and release process
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- Familiarity with technologies involved in Windows-based web applications:
- SQL Server and working with SQL queries
- Scheduled Jobs
- Powershell Scripting
- Ability to build reliable automated tools to interact with above technologies
- Experience working with software versioning systems such as git or svn
- Experience with hosting and configuring web applications, including DNS management, SSL/TLS, troubleshooting
- Familiarity with deployment of internet applications in hosted service providers
- Experience as a .NET developer
- Experience with linux/unix systems
- Experience with SSRS
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like CruiseControl, ThoughtWorks Go, Jenkins, or Travis; or monitoring and logging tools like LogStash and Graphite
- Familiarity with Mulesoft Enterprise Service Bus or Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with deployment of internet applications to AWS or Azure
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, have strong interpersonal skills, and have the confidence and ability to work with clients and understand product requirements
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, organized, have strong analytical skills, be able to understand business processes, business objectives and understand client needs.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written, interpersonal communication and planning skills, and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Ability to multi-task to support different client needs
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer