The Energy Engineering and Products groups at Performance Systems Development work with clients, analyze data, and build and maintain software solutions to model, estimate, track and predict energy savings in buildings. These software solutions involve PSD software applications such as Compass and TREAT as well as integration with applications built by other parties such as Salesforce.com, the US Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency. PSD is a national leader in using federal tools and partners with these agencies and other market players in the development of innovative tools and systems to bring energy efficiency to scale across the US and Canada.
The Building Performance Analyst will use his or her knowledge of engineering, building performance, and data manipulation to provide support for Energy Efficiency Analysis, Savings Measurement, Data Analysis, Data Integration, Reporting and Data Visualization. Typical projects will include understanding customer and project objectives, comprehension of business process and workflow, defining outcomes and key performance indicators, defining effective communications and visualizations, preparation and analysis of data sets, development and manipulation of energy models and calculations, mapping of data for integration of systems, report creation, and the development of small software modules. Additional duties will include providing level 1 customer support for users of PSD’s software tools and working with the Products team to develop technical requirements for customer projects. The job will require strong analytical and presentation skills in Excel and PowerPoint as well as other tools for data manipulation and software development such as SQL, R, Python, and Ruby. Some level of experience and training in programming is required. Experience in data visualization is desired. The Building Performance Analyst will be required to learn to use PSD tools such as Compass and TREAT and PSD’s Salesforce application and related report building tools; federal tools such as OpenStudio, Building Energy Asset Score, Portfolio Manager, SEED, ED-APT; and standardized data structures such as HPXML and BuildingSync.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Engineering tasks in support of Customer projects:
- Data cleaning and analysis including non-standard regression analysis
- Data mapping of diverse data sets
- Data visualization and report building
- Creation and manipulation of energy models
- Customer support for TREAT, Compass and Salesforce as required
- Support for the use of federal tools such as SEED, ED-APT, Building Energy Asset Score and Portfolio Manager.
- Development of scripts for manipulation of energy models and data sets
- Provide subject matter expertise to Products team including testing and specification review
- Support the development of requirements for customer projects
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience with energy systems commonly found in buildings, including a working knowledge of building HVAC systems and controls.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with software development techniques
- Demonstrable experience with data manipulation tools
- Knowledge of the basic physics underlying building science and the basic engineering equations underlying energy efficiency calculations
Nice to Have
- Experience in building energy modeling using tools such as OpenStudio and Sketchup, Equest, TREAT, and other commercial building energy modeling systems
- Experience in Salesforce reporting
- Experience in internal software development including ad-hoc reporting, customer reporting, and visualization software
- Experience in working in support of energy efficiency programs
- Experience in obtaining job or software requirements from customers
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, have strong interpersonal skills, and have the confidence and ability to work with clients and understand project requirements
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, organized, have strong analytical skills, be able to understand business processes, business objectives and understand client needs.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written, interpersonal communication and planning skills, and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
This position would be for our Ithaca office. No relocation support is available for this position.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer