Are you looking for a collaborative work environment, colleagues who are passionate about energy efficiency, and the opportunity to use your own energy and creativity to make a positive impact on the world? Performance Systems Development is seeking a high-performing New Construction Specialistwith 5+ years’ experience in residential construction practices, energy ratings and modeling, and code compliance.
The New Construction Specialist will work in a dynamic team environment providing technical expertise, analysis, and outreach for PSD’s new construction and codes work. Under the supervision of the Director of Codes & New Construction, the specialist will support the implementation of new homes and energy code technical support programs, including developing building models, developing and delivering training, and conducting field inspections. This position will be based in either our Chestnut Hill, Philadelphia, office or in Pittsburgh, PA.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Developing and reviewing SF & MF building models (e.g., REM/Rate, Ekotrope)
- Providing guidance to raters and builders on optimizing plans and models to maximize incentive eligibility in New Home programs managed by PSD
- Developing and delivering training (classroom, onsite, and webinar settings) to builders, raters and code officials
- Providing technical assistance and support to raters, builders, auditors and contractors participating in programs, while nurturing and developing these business relationships
- Conducting field QA inspections of buildings submitted through various utility programs. This entails collecting data to include: blower door testing, duct testing, health and safety testing as well as other measurements.
- Supporting the development of documentation and tools (checklists, etc.) for code compliance and program participation
- Conducting analysis of savings impacts of code changes, standard changes (e.g., EISA) and new construction technologies
Minimum Requirements:Five plus years’ experience in ratings and code compliance. Experience in home construction and/or the HVAC industry. HERS Rater certification is required by time of employment. Excellent interpersonal skills. Proven oral and written communication skills. Proficient in a variety of common software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as modeling tools including REM/Rate and Ekotrope. Demonstrated ability to
- manage and organize work-flow for efficiency
- work independently and in a team setting
- maintain relationships with PSD staff in remote locations
- ability to communicate effectively with all types of people and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- possess a valid driver’s license
- pass a criminal background check
Preferred Requirements: Additional building science certifications. Experience delivering training or classroom instruction. Spanish or other language skills, a plus.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio visual concentration. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to walk through houses carrying equipment and crawl through small spaces. Local travel across eastern PA on a weekly basis; overnight travel expected on a monthly basis.
Salary:Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits:Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program.
Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer