Are you a difference maker in Sales and Marketing for the Energy Efficiency industry who is interested in joining an organization that is working to make the world a better place for this and future generations? If so, Performance Systems Development has an exciting and unique opportunity for you!
At Performance Systems Development (PSD), we translate building science into innovative energy efficiency programs, engineering services, and powerful software tools. PSD is seeking a high-performing Sales and Business Development Manager with a proven track record to lead the sales organization in continued growth. PSD is nationally recognized for delivering customer centric, energy efficiency solutions for utility program management for the energy efficiency industry focusing on residential and commercial building savings.
The Sales and Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing and leading sales strategies for the full range of the PSD’s offerings including Energy Efficiency Program Management focusing on Commercial and Residential services.
- Lead the full sales-cycle, establishing customers, and meeting sales quotas
- Develop value propositions and key messaging
- Identify new and expand existing customer opportunities
- Develop sales campaign strategies
- Assume responsibility of the existing sales pipeline
- Target and contact key decision makers to develop positive and long-term relationships
- Meet and exceed sales targets for key accounts
- Develop presentations for strategic utility, municipality, commercial, and government agency customers
- Deliver customer presentations and product demonstrations
- Manage proposals through informal and formal RFP processes
- Lead a small team for sales and marketing activities
- Proven sales leadership experience demonstrated by defining and exceeding sales targets
- Well-developed knowledge of the energy efficiency industry with an established network of industry contacts
- Excellent negotiation and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead responses to complex RFPs
- Proven ability to create sales collateral, and deliver live presentations for customer sales
- Ability to develop industry partnerships to integrate solutions for specific customer opportunities
- Be a team player, self-driven, with the ability to work independently and in a group
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Work Environment: Normal office setting. Will be required to use technology and electronic equipment to conduct presentations, meetings, and webinars remotely with a blend of internal and external constituents and clients. Sales Activities will require some travel to customer locations, and will involve tradeshows, and conference attendance and coordination.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer