Looking to change the World? Worried about Climate Change and want to do something about it? Come join a dynamic team working to reduce the energy impact throughout the United States.
The Products group at Performance Systems Development builds and maintains software solutions to estimate and track energy savings in buildings. These solutions involve PSD software applications as well as integration with applications built by other parties such as the US Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency. PSD is a partner to these agencies and other market players in the development of innovative tools and systems to bring energy efficiency to scale across the US and internationally.
As a developer you will be responsible for building scalable high-quality and high-performance software applications. A strong emphasis will be placed upon continuous delivery of functional, robust, secure and scalable code, supporting customer requirements. Our development team utilize state of the art best practices to build applications used by industry leading firms. Our developers participate in team planning and occasionally take on certain leadership roles such as Technical Lead. Each member is expected to communicate well and interact with other development team members and subject matter experts. A high level of commitment to software craftsmanship and professionalism is expected.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Write software code to maintain and enhance our applications
- Apply Software Design following industry best practices
- Analyze software issues through Software Debugging
- Generate Software Documentation
- Perform unit and functional Software Testing
- Analyze Software Requirements
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a .NET web developer
- Experience working with software versioning systems such as git or svn
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience with .NET technologies (MVC, IIS, SQL Server)
- Experience with SSRS
- Familiarity with Mulesoft Enterprise Service Bus or Salesforce.com
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, have strong interpersonal skills, and have the confidence and ability to work with clients and understand product requirements
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, organized, have strong analytical skills, be able to understand business processes, business objectives and understand client needs.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written, interpersonal communication and planning skills, and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
Ideally, this position would be for our Ithaca office. Exceptional candidates may be considered for the Philadelphia office. No relocation support is available for this position, so only residents of those area need apply.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer