Looking to change the World? Worried about Climate Change and want to do something about it? Come join a dynamic team working to reduce the energy impact throughout the United States.
The Products group at Performance Systems Development creates and maintains software solutions to estimate and track energy savings in buildings. By utilizing PSD software applications as well as integration with applications built by other parties such as the US Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency, customers gain the ability to manage a full suite of services energy efficiency projects and programs. PSD partners with its customers and these agencies to develop innovative tools and systems to bring energy efficiency to scale across the United States.
As a developer you will be responsible for building scalable high-quality and high-performance software applications which deliver services across the internet. A strong emphasis will be placed upon continuous delivery of functional, robust, secure and scalable code, supporting customer requirements. Our development team utilize state of the art best practices to build applications used by industry leading firms. Our developers participate in team planning and occasionally take on certain leadership roles such as Technical Lead. Each member is expected to communicate well and interact with other development team members and subject matter experts. A high level of commitment to software craftsmanship and professionalism is expected.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Write software code to maintain and enhance our web enabled .NET applications
- Knowledge of REST based service interfaces
- Integrate with third party systems
- Apply Software Design following industry best practices
- Analyze software issues through Software Debugging
- Generate Software Documentation
- Perform unit and functional Software Testing
- Analyze Software Requirements
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- 2 years of development experience on Microsoft web infrastructure (.NET, C# or Java)
- Experience working with software versioning systems such as git or svn
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Client frameworks like bootstrap and Angular
- Experience with .NET technologies (MVC, IIS, SQL Server)
- Experience with SSRS
- Familiarity with Mulesoft Enterprise Service Bus or Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of energy or energy related services
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, have strong interpersonal skills, and have the confidence and ability to work with clients and understand product requirements
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, organized, have strong analytical skills, be able to understand business processes, business objectives and understand client needs.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written, interpersonal communication and planning skills, and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Must be effective in working in a collaborative team environment.
Ideally, this position would be for our Ithaca office. Exceptional candidates may be considered for the Philadelphia office. No relocation support is available for this position, so only residents of those area need apply.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer