Looking to change the World? Worried about Climate Change and want to do something about it? Come join a dynamic team working to reduce the energy impact throughout the United States.
The Products group at Performance Systems Development builds and maintains software solutions to estimate and track energy savings in buildings. These solutions involve PSD software applications as well as integration with applications built by other parties such as the US Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency. PSD is a partner to these agencies and other market players in the development of innovative tools and systems to bring energy efficiency to scale across the US and internationally.
Effective support leads to satisfied clients and successful projects. The Software Support Developer will have responsibility to ensure proper support for internal and external customer software solutions. The Software Support Developer reports to the Development Manager and will identify and correct support issues as reported and prioritized as well as provide development support for the existing customer base. Expected tasks include debugging, provided code corrections, developing solutions for change requests, and adding automated regression testing across the suite of software products. The Software Support Developer will need to coordinate activities with Delivery Managers, Quality Management, and Customer Support as well as ensure solutions follow PSD best practice for software development. Performance Systems Development, based in Ithaca NY, is nationally recognized as an innovative company creating applications that are broad based and unique in the building science and energy efficiency industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and diagnose software support issues
- Communicate with Customer Support as to the resolution of issues
- Build automated regression testing for each client release using our existing Selenium based framework
- Analyze software issues through Software Debugging and correct software code as needed
- Develop software solutions for backlog of requests from installed customer base
- Update Software Documentation
- Perform unit and functional Software Testing
- Other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a .NET web developer
- Experience working with software versioning systems such as git or svn
- Basic knowledge of SQL
- Experience with SSRS
- Familiarity with Mulesoft Enterprise Service Bus or Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with internet applications on AWS or Azure
- Experience with automated testing tools like Selenium
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, have strong interpersonal skills, and have the confidence and ability to work with clients and understand product requirements
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, organized, have strong analytical skills, be able to understand business processes, business objectives and understand client needs.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written, interpersonal communication and planning skills, and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Ability to multi-task to support different client needs
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer