Are you looking for a collaborative work environment, colleagues who are passionate about energy efficiency, and the opportunity to use your own energy and creativity to make a positive impact on the world? Performance Systems Development is seeking a high-performing Quality Assurance Field Manager with a proven track record of using a consultative approach to successfully manage quality assurance reviews and field inspections to join our team.
The QA Field Manager will work in a dynamic team environment on the Quality Assurance of residential energy efficiency (EE) programs in Pennsylvania, with occasional travel to neighboring states. Under the supervision of PSD’s Quality Assurance Manager, you will be assigned responsibility for management of the team delivering QA field inspections in the state of Pennsylvaia. You will work closely with a group of highly skilled professionals to manage client relationships, as well as conducting QA field inspections to the requirements of various utility programs. Manage budgets and resources to maximize delivery efficiency. Prepare reporting to monitor progress towards goals, completion of contract deliverables and annual accomplishments. Inspections will primarily be scheduled during weekdays, but some evening and weekend appointments may be required.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage program staff to optimize delivery of project deliverables. Lead and support client meetings. Create/review annual work plans and track progress.
- Monitor progress toward project goals. Direct preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual reports documenting progress toward program objectives and accomplishments. Prepare invoicing and other client deliverables.
- Perform comprehensive quality assurance inspections on homes participating in various utility programs. This entails collecting data to include: blower door testing, duct testing, health and safety testing as well as other measurements. Record, process and maintain detailed records of the work performed in the field. Report findings via company’s tracking system. Submit timely data collection files for review by senior staff. Manage time effectively and within project budget constraints. Submit time and expense reports promptly and per client and company requirements. Access scheduling software to download week’s audit/inspection schedule, and report on audit/inspection progress and/or issues during the week.
- Provide training, technical assistance, and support to auditors and contractors participating in programs while nurturing and developing these business relationships.
- Coordinate and deliver building science training, classroom instruction, and community outreach to contractors, trade groups, and consumers with varying levels of knowledge.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years related experience. Demonstrated success in managing projects involving multiple staff and partners. Excellent interpersonal and team leadership skills. Proven oral and written communication skills. Proficient in a variety of common software applications including SalesForce, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Experience in home construction and/or the HVAC industry. Previous experience using building diagnostic tools. BPI Building Analyst certification is required by time of employment. Must possess a valid driver’s license and pass a criminal background check.
Preferred Requirements: Individuals with a building science background, including energy efficiency certifications (RESNET, BPI); green building certifications (NAHB, LEED); and/or related areas. Experience with residential building modeling software (REM/Rate, TREAT, Manual J, etc.). Experience delivering training or classroom instruction. RESNET Quality Assurance Designee certification, or significant home energy rating experience, as well as Spanish or other language skills, a plus.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio visual concentration. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to walk through houses carrying equipment and crawl through small spaces. Local travel across the state of New Jersey and nearby regions on a daily basis; occasional overnight travel required.
Work Environment: Field work is performed both outside and inside of buildings in varying weather conditions. Field work will include accessing attics, basements, crawlspaces, and other locations associated within the built environment. Office work is performed in an open and collaborative environment.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program.
Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer