About the Company: PSD is an emerging national leader in the building science and energy efficiency industries. Our passionate team of engineers, trainers, building scientists, software developers, and former building professionals develop and deliver creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency industries. A progressive company focused on improving the energy efficiency of buildings, we manage utility-scale programs, develop supporting software, train industry professionals, and conduct research and development.
About the Position: The Bookkeeper will work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment supporting the finance and HR office. As the Bookkeeper for PSD, you will work directly with the Accounting Specialist and closely with vendors, customers, program operations staff, and our software development team to assure timely completion of all accounting and HR tasks. This position requires experience with Quickbooks and ADP. Experience with Replicon is a plus.
Position duties include:
- Complete employee weekly expense reports and reimbursements
- Daily collection reports
- Quarterly Sales Tax Filing
- Complete vendor payments, client invoicing and accounts receivable transactions daily to keep and maintain all financial records up to date.
- Tracking of fixed assets and prepaids
- Maintain files and records in electronic format protecting sensitive financial records
- Process weekly Payroll including 401k submittal, vendor payments, weekly PBT accrual JE and payroll and benefit changes
- Complete daily FSA reporting and end of month JE
- Set up and maintain EEO tracking and disparity sheets
- Maintain Replicon Projects
- Provide support for the firm’s annual audit
- Provide finance and HR support as needed
- Provide backup to our Accounting Specialist
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
This position is based in PSD’s office in Ithaca, NY and is temporarily remote. However, the successful candidate must be able to be physically in the Ithaca office once per week.
- Associate degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of direct accounting experience
- 2+ years of experience with Human Resources
- Strong demonstrated experience with Quickbooks
- Experience with using ADP Workforce
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects at once
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Highly organized, with strong attention to detail
- Forward thinking mentality with strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: MS Office, Excel, Access, Outlook or other similar software programs.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program.
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer