Who is PSD?
PSD is a rapidly growing national leader in the building science and energy efficiency industries. PSD’s passionate team of energy efficiency professionals works hard every day to develop and deliver creative and powerful solutions that drive change in the way buildings use energy. PSD provides a whole-systems approach to energy efficiency strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective energy efficiency programs, and building software tools to streamline data tracking and reporting. Our core business efforts span three major areas: 1) the delivery of high-impact energy efficiency programs; 2) workforce development and industry training; and 3) the design and development of award-winning energy efficiency software platforms.
What will you do?
The Business Technology Administrator will work with the Business Technology Manager to organize, document, and coordinate technology projects between the PSD Programs Division and Software Development Division. As a Business Technology Administrator for PSD, you will assist the Business Technology Manager in building the bridge between PSD’s Programs Division and Software Development Division. Much of this work will include building project specifications, coordinating projects, communicating with the members of various teams on the progress and deadlines of the projects, and troubleshooting some technology issues when they arise.
Position responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assisting to define and ensure implementation of technology project specifications
- Reviewing reconciliation reports between systems to find issues
- Running and reviewing system reports to troubleshoot issues
- Documenting data and system workflows from start to finish
- Documenting project and system procedures
- Salesforce CRM support, troubleshooting, and minor fixes
- Working with a team of Energy Efficiency Program Implementation professionals to meet their specifications for the technology that runs their programs
- Working with a team of Energy Efficiency Software Developers to design and code those specifications
This position can be remote or based in the PSD Ithaca, NY office.
Need to have
- 2 or more years of customer relations/service experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Excel and Word
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated ability to:
- ask the right questions to solve problems
- communicate clearly and concisely
- stay organized with multiple projects happening at once
- document workflows from beginning to end
- document procedures
- work in a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- have fun at work
Nice to have
- Experience in troubleshooting technology issues
- Experience in reconciling reporting to identify root cause issues
- Experience in working through problems and identifying long term solutions to those problems
- Software project management/specification building experience
Who are you?
- You love working with technology in a fast-paced environment
- You love solving problems by identifying needs and best solutions.
- You have strong communication skills and leave no stone unturned when communicating with all stakeholders in any given project
- Goal oriented: when you have a goal, you will find a solution to meet it.
- Continuous improvement driven: you are never satisfied just letting things coast and are always looking for a better way to accomplish your mission.
- You have serious documentation and specification chops.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio-visual concentration. Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
Work Environment: Office work is performed in an open and collaborative environment. Position can be remote or based out of the PSD Ithaca, NY office.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and Paid Benefit Time.
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer