Who is PSD?
PSD is a rapidly growing national leader in the building science and energy efficiency industries. PSD’s passionate team of energy efficiency professionals works hard every day to develop and deliver creative and powerful solutions that drive change in the way buildings use energy. PSD provides a whole-systems approach to energy efficiency strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective energy efficiency programs, and building software tools to streamline data tracking and reporting. Our core business efforts span three major areas: 1) the delivery of high-impact energy efficiency programs; 2) workforce development and industry training; and 3) the design and development of award-winning energy efficiency software platforms.
What will you do?
The Commercial Energy Efficiency Account Manager will play a key role in the growth of Pennsylvania’s “green jobs” and energy efficiency workforce. As part of PSD’s Existing Building Services, the Commercial Energy Efficiency Account Manager will work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and goal driven environment on the delivery of Commercial electric energy efficiency programs in Pennsylvania. As the Commercial Energy Efficiency Account Manager for PSD, you will work closely with a group of highly skilled professionals and trade allies to conduct outreach efforts with commercial utility customers. The Commercial Energy Efficiency Account Manager will serve as a sales consultant to craft the best program pathway to meet the needs of targeted commercial utility customers.
Position responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Support the day-to-day operations of the program.
- Manage client relationships and communications through the development of written and oral program reports and regular updates as needed.
- Conduct trade ally and customer outreach throughout Pennsylvania.
- Trade ally, customer, and client support
- Conduct meetings with trade allies to best identify support needs
- Attend onsite customer meetings with trade allies and the utility client to promote energy efficiency projects to commercial customers
- Provide trade allies and utility client with prospect data to assist in energy efficiency project sales
- Identify and evaluate additional energy efficiency opportunities via on-site walk-throughs.
- Technical reviews and data management
- Review project submittals in order to verify compliance with program policies and procedures
- Evaluate energy savings calculations and project specifications, and manage records in program database
- Provide short and long-term program activity and financial projections
- Analyze data, track energy savings and report on progress toward goals
- Trainings and Outreach
- Utilize customer targeting software to develop outreach and marketing plans to achieve energy saving goals.
- Conduct program outreach training for various business groups and associations
- Conduct program outreach training for trade allies and utility client stakeholders
- Provide ad-hoc program outreach and/or marketing support for other PSD energy efficiency programs as the need may arise.
This position is remotely based and the ability to work from home and in the field is a must. Regional travel up to 60% of the time can be anticipated, with the occasional need for overnight travel required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 1-3 years relevant experience
- People-person with a can-do attitude and excellent communication skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Orientation to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Strong computer skills: Full MS Office Suite, and general computer capabilities
- Ambition to learn and continue education in sales and energy efficiency
Nice to have
- Sales, Engineering, or environmental science background,
- Previous experience with utility programs, energy efficiency work, HVAC experience, or mechanical systems experience.
- Certifications: RESNET, NAHB, BPI and LEED, CEM, AEE.
- Familiarity with building science and/or building energy modeling.
Who are you?
- You are passionate about helping businesses and buildings use less energy.
- You love solving problems by deeply listening to and analyzing a customer’s needs.
- Independent and hardworking: you love to contribute to the larger team but are fully capable and happy working on solutions in your own brain.
- Goal oriented: when you have a goal, you will find a solution to meet it.
- Continuous improvement driven: you are never satisfied just letting things coast and are always looking for a better way to accomplish your mission.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio-visual concentration. Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Work Environment: Office work is performed in an open and collaborative environment. Position is remote but based in Western/Northwestern Pennsylvania area. The ability to work from home and in the field is a must. Regional travel up to 60% of the time can be anticipated, with the occasional need for overnight travel required.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and Paid Benefit Time.
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer