The Products group at Performance Systems Development builds and maintains software solutions to estimate and track energy savings in buildings. These solutions involve PSD software applications as well as integration with applications built by other parties such as the US Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency. PSD is a partner to these agencies and other market players in the development of innovative tools and systems to bring energy efficiency to scale across the US and internationally.
Effective delivery leads to satisfied clients and successful projects. We recognize that DevOps is more than a position, it is a team philosophy. As such the DevOps Engineer will support the Products teams’ successful delivery and operations of internal and external customer software solutions. While particular focus is needed to maintain and optimize our Azure infrastructure, the successful candidate will also provide development support to the Products team. The DevOps Engineer reports to the Software Development Manager and is responsible for the successful build and deployment of software solutions. Performance Systems Development, based in Ithaca NY, is nationally recognized as an innovative company creating applications that are broad based and unique in the building science and energy efficiency industry.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Streamline and further automate the software build and release process for all PSD developed applications: both web and mobile
- Monitor Azure hosted production environment to ensure reliability and customer accessibility
- Troubleshoot and diagnose configuration and communication problems
- Install and configure solutions, implement reusable components, translate technical requirements
- Assist with test data, perform script maintenance and updates
- Identify systems that can benefit from additional automation, monitoring and infrastructure-as-code and develop and scale products and services accordingly
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends, share knowledge among teams and abide by industry best practices for configuration management and automation.
- Other development tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- Familiarity with Azure DevOps
- Familiarity with technologies involved in Windows-based web applications:
- SQL Server and working with SQL queries
- Scheduled Jobs
- Server-side Scripting (e.g. Powershell)
- Ability to build reliable automated tools to interact with above technologies
- Experience working with git
- Experience with hosting and configuring secure web applications, including DNS management, SSL/TLS, and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with deployment of internet applications in hosted service providers
- Experience with processes and procedures around software security in a web application environment
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools like CruiseControl, ThoughtWorks Go, Jenkins, or Travis; or monitoring and logging tools like LogStash and Graphite
- Experience as a .NET developer
- Experience with linux/unix systems
- Experience with Microsoft SSRS
- Familiarity with Mulesoft Enterprise Service Bus or Salesforce.com
- Agile methodologies
- Test driven development
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, have strong interpersonal skills, and have the confidence and ability to work with clients and understand product requirements
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, organized, have strong analytical skills, be able to understand business processes, business objectives and understand client needs.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written, interpersonal communication and planning skills, and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Ability to multi-task to support different client needs
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer