A successful applicant will have the skills to communicate energy code information and building science concepts to code enforcement officials, design professionals, builders, contractors, and energy professionals. Under the supervision of the director of energy code and new construction programs, the specialist will support the implementation of energy code technical support programs, including developing and delivering training programs, identifying or creating energy code verification forms and field guides, providing email, phone, and occasional onsite technical assistance, and promoting program events and services by working closely with a marketing coordinator. The specialist will also support the development and adoption of more stringent state energy codes and appliance standards.
- Subject Matter Expertise – Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC), ASHRAE Standard 90.1, state-specific code amendments in target areas, and relevant appliance standards. Also, understand gaps in enforcement and compliance with the codes and developing strategies to address them.
- Training curriculum development – Develop technical training curriculums and presentation content using adult education and audience engagement techniques.
- Training delivery – Deliver training programs to building industry professionals and present at state, regional and national conferences.
- Stakeholder interaction – Attend building industry events and network with key stakeholders. Also, perform outreach to promote program event attendance, services, and support materials.
- Technical assistance – Provide energy code technical assistance via hotline, email, and occasional onsite interactions.
- Codes and standards development and adoption support – Assist clients in identifying and supporting opportunities for cost-effective energy savings through increased stringency of codes and standards.
- Program Management – Track progress to deliverables and meet deliverables within the specified timeframe.
- Proposal Development – contribute to development of RFP responses for new business opportunities as a subject matter expert and participate in presentations to potential clients.
Location and travel: This position is based in Massachusetts with regional travel up to 20% of the time, and regular overnight travel required.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree, 3+ years related experience in building plan reviews, inspections and/or design and construction. Excellent interpersonal skills. Proven oral and written communication skills. Proficient in a variety of common software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and especially, PowerPoint.
Preferred Requirements: Degree in engineering or architecture. Sound knowledge of the energy efficiency industry and building science. Technical certifications such as RESNET, BPI, or LEED. Experience with training delivery and project management. Strong relationships with utility clients and industry partners.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and Paid Benefit Time.
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer