The IT Help Desk Technician will provide quality help desk services that will drive change for the business. As the IT Help Desk Technician, you will provide hardware and software IT support and technical education to end-users by using critical thinking root cause analysis to deliver the best possible solutions. In addition to help desk functions, the technician will assist in the maintenance of company servers and setting up of workstations and users.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for employees in person, via telephone, via email, and via MS Teams for remote locations
- Assemble, install, repair, and update all laptops, desktops, mobile equipment (Apple IPads and iPhones) and peripherals
- Monitor network connectivity and systems and proactively resolve problems
- Installing and configuring client software
- Provide training to staff on the use of office technology
- Work with other sites on integration and other network issues
- Monitor and manage all help desk tickets in a timely and service-oriented manner
- Maintain backups of all servers
- Perform log reviews and investigations
- 3-5 year of previous experience with PC hardware and printer troubleshooting
- Ability to support Windows XP/7/10 with an understanding of Linux operating systems administration
- Ability to support Microsoft Office 365 applications.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Active Directory services, group policy, and VPN technologies
- Ability to learn new software applications quickly
- Excellent customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to provide simplified explanations of complex technical issues
- Detail and action oriented
This position is based out of PSD’s Ithaca, NY office. Work will be temporarily remote due to COVID 19, however occasional visits to the office may be required to perform server maintenance.
Preferred Requirements: A+, Network+, or MCP; Mobile IT equipment service (Apple iPads & iPhones); Azure experience.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio-visual concentration. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Work Environment: Office work is performed in an open and collaborative environment.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and Paid Benefit Time.
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer