The Products group at Performance Systems Development builds and maintains software solutions to estimate and track energy savings in buildings. These solutions involve PSD software applications as well as integration with applications built by other parties such as the US Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency. PSD is a partner to these agencies and other market players in the development of innovative tools and systems to bring energy efficiency to scale across the US and internationally.
The Senior Developer is responsible for the design and implementation of features within PSD’s entire suite of software solutions. This includes custom-developed web-based .NET and mobile applications. In addition, this individual has the technical skills and experience needed to develop cost-effective, timely solutions that meet functional and performance requirements while focusing on standardizing and rationalizing the solutions. These skills include the ability to define, and communicate technical direction, to make decisions, to be driven and work autonomously to ensure the successful implementation of solutions.
The Senior Developer’s tasks include reviewing software specifications, generating technical designs, and taking ownership of the implementation of one or more features for a given release. A Senior Developer will be expected to communicate well and frequently with development team members, subject matter experts, and product stakeholders. A high level of commitment to software craftsmanship and professionalism is expected.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Understand solution architecture and design specifications.
- Apply principles, standards, and solution patterns to ensure alignment of solutions across the team and deliver adaptable, forward-thinking architecture
- Integrate complex applications with highly sensitive client data to ensure highest level of security, performance, stability, and reliability
- Work with solution architects and project managers to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
- Participate in the delivery of custom solutions that follow company standard processes including planning, implementation, testing and documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT/related field or equivalent work experience
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including analysis/design, development tools/technologies, and contemporary testing methodologies
- Demonstrate excellent planning and organizational skills
- Successful completion of a background check
- Knowledge of other programming languages (Java, Ruby, PHP, Python,)
- Experience with Azure hosting
- Experience with SSRS
- Familiarity with MuleSoft Enterprise Service Bus or Salesforce.com
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Ability to coach/mentor others
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Adaptable and flexible, successfully operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations
- Work closely with other members of the development team to ensure consistency and quality of solutions and knowledge sharing. Continuous improvement and exploration of industry standards and technology advances.
Ideally, this position would be for our Ithaca, NY office. Exceptional candidates may be considered for a remote position. No relocation support is available for this position.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio-visual concentration. Ability to lift 25 lbs.
Work Environment: Office work is performed in an open and collaborative environment.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer