The New Construction Technical Specialist will work in a dynamic team environment providing technical expertise, analysis, and outreach for the Wisconsin Focus on Energy New Homes Offering. Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the specialist will support the implementation of new homes and energy code technical support programs, including developing building models, developing and delivering training, and conducting field inspections. This position is based in our Madison, WI office, but will spend a large amount of time working remotely and in the field.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Developing and reviewing Single Family & Multi Family building models (e.g., REM/Rate)
- Providing guidance to raters and builders on optimizing plans and models to maximize incentive eligibility.
- Developing and delivering training (classroom, onsite, and webinar settings) to builders, raters and code officials.
- Providing technical assistance and support to Raters, builders, and contractors participating in programs, while nurturing and developing these business relationships.
- Conducting field QA inspections of buildings submitted through the program. This entails collecting data to include: blower door testing, duct testing, as well as other measurements.
- Supporting the development of documentation and tools (checklists, etc.) to assist builders and raters in program participation.
- Conduct field visits with builders and raters throughout Wisconsin
- Manage relationships with a network of participating builders and raters.
3+ years’ experience in ratings and new construction programs. Experience in home construction and/or the HVAC industry. HERS Rater certification is required by time of employment. Excellent interpersonal skills. Proven oral and written communication skills. Proficient in a variety of common software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, as well as modeling tools including REM/Rate and Ekotrope. Demonstrated ability to
- manage and organize work-flow for efficiency
- work independently and in a team setting
- ability to communicate effectively with all types of people and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- possess a valid driver’s license
- pass a criminal background check
- access to reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout the state of WI
Preferred Requirements: Additional building science certifications. Experience delivering training or classroom instruction.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio visual concentration. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to walk through houses carrying equipment and crawl through small spaces. Ability to travel (drive) throughout the state of WI regularly in order to support participating builders, raters, and QA projects.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer