The Project Manager/Data Consultant provides both technical expertise and project management support to the engineering services team including engineering related software projects. The Project Manager/ Data Consultant responsibilities include providing project management from start to finish of projects including tracking of deliverables and budget, timeline management and reporting, and invoicing. Special focus is on support for the management of automated building simulation systems used to generate predictions of energy use and energy savings. Technical responsibilities include analysis with a focus on data management and data visualization, research in support of analysis, technical writing, and the development of customer deliverables and reports meeting high professional standards.
The Project Manager/ Data Consultant reports to the Chief Strategy and Technology Officer. The Project Manager/ Data Consultant works with PSD’s engineering team to build visualizations and analyze detailed credentialed savings calculations modeled by engineers, understand and translate client requirements into project plans, and manage the overall timelines to ensure deliverables are achieved. The Project Manager/ Data Consultant also works with the PSD Products group to support project management of software projects. The Project Manager/ Data Consultant will be expected to communicate effectively and frequently with clients, engineers, software development team members and external project stakeholders.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Tracking projects to see how they are performing to schedule and budget
- Tracking of project deliverables and support for client invoicing and required reporting
- The development, cleaning and manipulation of data and the development of analysis and data visualizations
- Support for the management of automated building simulation systems used to generate predictions of energy use and energy savings.
- Development of consulting deliverables including technical writing, development of visualizations of data and process, and report formatting and review
- Creating and maintaining documentation of use cases to support tool and software development
- Other tasks as assigned
Candidate Requirements Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a science related field or a bachelor’s degree with additional experience in data management and manipulation
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in data management, building science or a related field
- Experience in the creation of complex deliverables for clients
- Experience in the management of technical projects
- Working knowledge of Energy Efficiency programs
- Experience in calculation of savings using a variety of methods
- Ability to write simple scripts, such as in Python or R, to perform automated actions, data preparation, data analysis, data wrangling and massaging, and exploratory data analysis
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or another dashboard reporting tool
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, have strong interpersonal skills, and have the confidence and ability to work with clients/partners and understand project requirements
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, organized, have strong analytical skills, be able to understand business processes, business objectives and understand client needs.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written, interpersonal communication and planning skills, and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Demonstrated ability to independently use problem solving skills to overcome complex technology-based problems
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer