The QA Field Inspector will work in a dynamic team environment on the Quality Assurance of residential energy efficiency (EE) programs in Pennsylvania, with occasional travel to neighboring states. As a QA Field Inspector for PSD, you will work closely with a group of highly skilled professionals to conduct QA field inspections to the requirements of various utility programs. Inspections will primarily be scheduled during weekdays, but some evening and weekend appointments may be required.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Perform comprehensive quality assurance inspections on homes participating in various utility programs.
- Collecting data to include blower door testing, duct testing, health and safety testing, as well as other measurements.
- Record, process and maintain detailed records of the work performed in the field.
- Report findings via company’s tracking system.
- Submit timely data collection files for review by senior staff.
- Submit time and expense reports
- Access scheduling software to download week’s audit/inspection schedule, and report on audit/inspection progress and/or issues during the week.
- Provide training, technical assistance, and support to auditors and contractors while nurturing and developing these business relationships.
Minimum Requirements: Experience in building performance, home construction, or the HVAC industry. Previous experience using building diagnostic tools is a plus. BPI Building Analyst certification is not required at time of employment but is a plus. Ability to be BPI BA, EA, and QCI certified within 6 months of hire. Demonstrated ability to:
- exercise good judgement
- pay close attention to, and accurately record, detail
- manage and organize workflow for efficiency
- work independently and in a team setting
- maintain relationships with PSD staff in remote locations
- ability to work from home or remotely to perform any assigned “office duties”
- ability to communicate effectively with all types of people and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- pass a criminal background check
- possess a minimum of six (6) months hands-on field experience
Preferred Requirements: Individuals with a building science background, including energy efficiency certifications (RESNET, BPI); green building certifications (NAHB, LEED); and/or related areas. Experience with residential building modeling software (REM/Rate, TREAT, Manual J, etc.). Experience delivering training or classroom instruction. RESNET Quality Assurance Designee certification, or significant home energy rating experience, as well as Spanish or other language skills, a plus.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio-visual concentration. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to walk through houses carrying equipment and crawl through small spaces. Local travel across the state of New Jersey and nearby regions daily; occasional overnight travel required.
Work Environment: Field work is performed both outside and inside of buildings in varying weather conditions. Field work will include accessing attics, basements, crawlspaces, and other locations associated within the built environment. Office work is performed in an open and collaborative environment.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and Paid Benefit Time.
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer