Performance Systems Development is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our growing and dynamic energy efficiency software team.
About the Company: PSD is a national leader in the building science and energy efficiency industries. Our passionate team of engineers, trainers, building scientists, software developers, and former building professionals develop and deliver creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. We provide a comprehensive approach to energy efficiency through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective energy efficiency programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking and reporting.
The Products group at Performance Systems Development creates and maintains software solutions to estimate and track energy savings in buildings. By utilizing PSD software applications, customers gain the ability to manage a full suite of services energy efficiency projects and programs. PSD partners with its customers and these agencies to develop innovative tools and systems to bring energy efficiency to scale across the United States
About the Position: As a quality assurance automation specialist, you will be responsible for coding automated scripts from documented manual test cases in order to assure the quality of PSD’s scalable, high-quality and high-performance software applications. A strong emphasis will be placed upon thoroughness and completeness of testing. Each client instance has been configured to meet their unique needs and as such, the testing plans across clients will adjust to meet those details. Each member is expected to communicate well and interact with other development team members and subject matter experts. A high level of commitment to software craftsmanship and professionalism is expected.
Currently this is a temporary full-time or part-time position to be filled for an estimated 960 hours of work within 12 months.
This position may be based out of our Ithaca, NY office or our Philadelphia, PA office.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Analyze Software Requirements
- Perform unit and functional Software Testing
- Design, code, and run automated test suites for cloud-based software, including in-house, 3rd party, and mobile apps.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language (could be from CS coursework)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Familiarity with using web-based applications
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT) or closely related field.
- Experience integrating multiple applications or scripts within a single or multiple frameworks.
- Experience testing web-based and mobile applications or other Software Quality Assurance experience
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, organized, have strong analytical skills, be able to understand business processes, business objectives and understand client needs.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written, interpersonal communication and planning skills, and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Must be effective in working in a collaborative team environment.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer