The Products group at Performance Systems Development provides innovative software solutions to reduce the harmful impacts of climate change by working to reduce the energy consumption in buildings. PSD has a national reputation as a thought leader in the development of innovative software tools and systems to bring energy efficiency to scale across the US and internationally.
As a Quality Assurance Automation Specialist, you will be responsible for coding automated scripts from documented manual test cases in order to assure the quality of PSD’s scalable, high-quality and high-performance software applications. A strong emphasis will be placed upon thoroughness and completeness of testing. Each client instance has been configured to meet their unique needs and as such, the testing plans across clients will adjust to meet those details. Each member is expected to communicate well and interact with other development team members and subject matter experts. A high level of commitment to software craftsmanship and professionalism is expected. 25 -50% of time may be allocated towards manual test execution support based on project needs.
This is a remote position. Flexibility to come to a PSD office on an occasional basis is desired but not required.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Analyze Software Requirements
- Perform unit and functional Software Testing
- Perform manual test execution
- Design, code, and run automated test suites for cloud-based software, including in-house, 3rd party, and mobile apps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT), closely related field, or equivalent experience
- 1 – 3 years of QA Test Automation / Quality Assurance experience
- Familiarity with In-Sprint automation (BDD / TDD approaches)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Familiarity with using web-based applications
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Experience testing web-based and mobile applications or other Software Quality Assurance experience
- Experience integrating multiple applications or scripts within a single or multiple frameworks
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, organized, have strong analytical skills, be able to understand business processes, business objectives and understand client needs.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written, interpersonal communication and planning skills, and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Must be effective in working in a collaborative team environment.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio-visual concentration. Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
Work Environment: Office work is performed in an open and collaborative environment.
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a Paid Benefit Time program
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer