The Products group at Performance Systems Development creates and maintains software solutions to estimate and track energy savings in buildings. By utilizing PSD software applications as well as integration with applications built by other parties such as the US Department of Energy and the Environmental Protection Agency, customers gain the ability to manage a full suite of services energy efficiency projects and programs. PSD partners with its customers and these agencies to develop innovative tools and systems to bring energy efficiency to scale across the United States.
As the manager of the Quality Assurance team, you will be responsible for overseeing the testing of scalable high-quality and high-performance software applications which deliver services across the internet. A strong emphasis will be placed upon organizational ability and the capability of supporting multiple simultaneous projects. As the Quality Manager, you will be expected to define and monitor processes, artifacts, and standards for QM services; create test plans; review and contribute to use cases, test cases, specifications, and deliverability assessments. In addition, you will participate in risk reviews; mentor and lead a team of testers as well as contribute to the Product’s teams ongoing Software Development Lifecycle process improvement efforts. The Quality Manager is expected to communicate well and interact with other development team members and subject matter experts. A high level of commitment to software craftsmanship and professionalism is expected.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Define and Manage Software Quality Management processes
- Manage Software Quality Management Team personnel
- Test product software
- Participate in project planning efforts
- Write Test Plans and Test Cases
- Communicate with Project Managers, Delivery Managers, and Developers
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years’ experience testing web application software
- Experience with end-to-end software quality assurance testing
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, professionally, and respectfully
- Experience translating customer requirements into test plans and test cases
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyze, communicate, and make prioritization decisions based on analyzed details
- Proven ability to lead and motivate staff, utilizing a collaborative management approach
- Experience with engineering documentation and other artifacts that are part of the development process
- Ability to understand complex customer application usage, including – with tech leads and engineering support — the creation of test calculators and other test support documentation
- Familiarity with web application testing methods and tools
- Understanding of the testing requirements for CI/CD software delivery
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT) or closely related field.
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language.
- Must be a team player, self-driven, able to work in a group and independently; must be an excellent communicator, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be motivated, goal oriented, organized, have strong analytical skills, be able to understand business processes, business objectives and understand client needs.
- The successful candidate must have excellent written, interpersonal communication and planning skills, and work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Must be effective in working in a collaborative team environment.
This position can be based in either PSD’s Ithaca or Philadelphia offices, however, due to COVID 19, the position will be temporarily remote.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio-visual concentration. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Work Environment: Office work is performed in an open and collaborative environment.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and Paid Benefit Time.
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer