Who is PSD?
PSD is a rapidly growing national leader in the building science and energy efficiency industries. PSD’s passionate team of energy efficiency professionals works hard every day to develop and deliver creative and powerful solutions that drive change in the way buildings use energy. PSD provides a whole-systems approach to energy efficiency strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective energy efficiency programs, and building software tools to streamline data tracking and reporting. Our core business efforts span three major areas: 1) the delivery of high-impact energy efficiency programs; 2) workforce development and industry training; and 3) the design and development of award-winning energy efficiency software platforms.
The QA Rater/Field Inspector will work in a dynamic team environment on the Quality Assurance of residential energy efficiency (EE) programs in the Northeast region including performing inspections in states including Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New York, and Massachusetts with the potential for additional travel to other states outside the Northeast region. As a QA Rater/Field Inspector for PSD, you will work closely with a group of highly skilled professionals to conduct QA ratings/field inspections to the requirements of various utility programs. Inspections will primarily be scheduled during weekdays, but some evening and weekend appointments may be required.
This is a remote position with travel required. The successful candidate will need to be located in the Northeast region of the U.S. for accessibility to inspection sites. Occasional travel to PSD’s Philadelphia, PA or Ithaca , NY offices may be needed.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Perform comprehensive quality assurance inspections on homes participating in various utility programs. This entails collecting data to include: blower door testing, duct testing, health and safety testing as well as other measurements. Record, process and maintain detailed records of the work performed in the field. Construct and review energy models. Report findings via company’s tracking system. Submit timely data collection files for review by senior staff. Manage time effectively and within project budget constraints. Submit time and expense reports promptly and per client and company requirements. Access scheduling software to download week’s audit/inspection schedule, and report on audit/inspection progress and/or issues during the week.
- Provide technical assistance, and support to raters, builders, auditors and contractors participating in programs while nurturing and developing these business relationships.
Need to Have: Experience in home construction and/or the HVAC industry. Previous experience using building diagnostic tools. HERS Rater certification is required by time of employment. Demonstrated ability to
- pay close attention to, and accurately record, detail
- strong math skills
- manage and organize work-flow for efficiency
- work independently and in a team setting
- maintain relationships with PSD staff in remote locations
- ability to communicate effectively with all types of people and communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- possess a valid driver’s license
- pass a criminal background check
- possess a minimum of one (1) year hands-on field experience
Nice to Have: Individuals with a building science background, including energy efficiency certifications (RESNET, BPI); green building certifications (NAHB, LEED); and/or related areas. Experience with residential building modeling software (REM/Rate, Ekotrope, etc.). Experience delivering training or classroom instruction. RESNET Quality Assurance Designee, ENERGY STAR, Multifamily, OSHA certifications or significant home energy rating experience, strongly preferred. Spanish or other language skills, a plus.
Physical Demands: Frequent use of the computer requiring periods of sitting and close audio-visual concentration. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Ability to walk through houses carrying equipment and crawl through small spaces Travel across eastern PA on a regular basis; regional and possibly overnight travel at least one week per month required.
Work Environment: Field work is performed both outside and inside of buildings in varying weather conditions. Field work will include accessing attics, basements, crawlspaces, and other locations associated within the built environment. Office work, including virtual meetings, is performed in an open and collaborative environment.
Salary: Competitive salary; commensurate with education, qualifications, and experience.
Benefits: Health Insurance, 401K savings plan, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Paid Holidays, and a generous Paid Benefit Time program. Company paid Continuing Education and Growth Potential within the PSD organization.
Apply To: Please submit the form below to apply for this position. Candidates interested in staff positions only; no recruiters, 3rd party agencies, or outsourcing firms.
About PSD: We are nationally recognized for our work in the building science and energy efficiency (EE) industries. We focus on the development and delivery of creative and powerful solutions for energy efficiency programs and professionals. Our company provides a whole-systems approach to EE strategies through our work on advancing energy policies, designing and delivering cost-effective EE programs, and building software tools to improve data tracking.
Diversity and Inclusiveness: PSD strives to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. We highly encourage qualified applicants regardless of age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any combination of these or related factors, to submit an application for consideration.
Performance Systems Development of NY, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer