- This event has passed.
(C2.1) Prioritizing ECCCNYS Enforcement for Commercial Buildings (Pt 1)
December 16, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST
NOTE: To attend this session, registrants must log in using Web browsers Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
- Architects 1.5 AIA LU | HSW
- Home Performance Contractors 1.5 BPI CEUs
- Code Enforcement Officials 1.5 NYS DOS In-Service Hours, Topic 3 (Energy Code)
To receive credit, participants must log into the GoToWebinar application within the first 15 minutes of the training and stay until the end of the webinar. VIDEO VIEWING IS REQUIRED!
In a robust study of commercial buildings, 21% of the energy code provisions investigated were responsible for 81% of the potential savings. This created a framework for prioritizing energy code enforcement efforts based on the time it takes to verify a code provision versus the energy savings potential. With code enforcement officials being strapped for time and having other life-health safety priorities, this course, Part 1 of a two-part series, covering high-impact commercial envelope requirements, will help them prioritize efforts, improve compliance, and maximize the realization of savings inherent in the energy code.
1. Identify energy code envelope requirements with the greatest energy impacts and prioritize energy code documentation
2. Describe a process for creating and reviewing plans that includes documenting and assessing the highest impact energy code provisions related to envelope
3. Understand how to integrate provided construction details verification forms and checklists into normal compliance documentation or enforcement processes
4. Identify permit application specifications that enable a simplified plan review process as well as a process for providing or collecting verification forms