- This event has passed.
(R1.1) Residential Energy Plan Reviews in 15 Minutes or Less (Pt 1)
December 7, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am EST
NOTE: To attend this session, registrants must log in using Web browsers Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
- Architects 1.5 AIA LU | HSW
- Home Performance Contractors 1.5 BPI CEUs
- Code Enforcement Officials 1.5 NYS DOS In-Service Hours
- All courses are approved by the New York Department of State for In-service, Topic 3 (Energy Code) continuing education credits.
To receive credit, participants must log into the GoToWebinar application within the first 15 minutes of the training and stay until the end of the webinar. VIDEO VIEWING IS REQUIRED!
Countless previous research shows that code officials have very limited time to perform thorough plan reviews and that energy code provisions are often the first items to be jettisoned. This webinar is Part 1 of a two-part series, and will not only help code officials, but also those responsible for preparing construction documents. Participants will understand what’s required to do quick – yet thorough – document submittals and plan reviews. Sample checklists, worksheets and other forms will be discussed and downloadable.
Attendees will be able to…
1. Describe a process for reviewing residential plans that includes assessing the highest impact energy code provisions
2. Understand the inputs to provided forms and checklists such as duct and envelope testing verification and HVAC design forms and integrate them into your organization’s normal compliance documentation or enforcement processes
3. Recreate a timeline that includes which construction details and verification forms needed to be provided/collected
4. Describe how third-party energy professionals such as duct and envelope testers and HERS Raters fit into the inspection process