- This event has passed.
(R1.2) Residential Energy Inspections in 15 Minutes or Less (Pt 2)
December 22, 2021 @ 10:15 am - 11:45 am EST
NOTE: To attend this session, registrants must log in using Web browsers Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
- Architects 1.5 AIA LU | HSW
- Home Performance Contractors 1.5 BPI CEUs
- Code Enforcement Officials 1.5 NYS DOS In-Service Hours, Topic 3 (Energy Code)
To receive credit, participants must log into the GoToWebinar application within the first 15 minutes of the training and stay until the end of the webinar. VIDEO VIEWING IS REQUIRED!
Countless previous research shows that code officials have very limited time to perform thorough energy code inspections. This 90-minute webinar will cover the five required inspections: footing and foundation; Framing and rough-in; Plumbing, Mechanical and Final. Part 2 of a two-part series, this course will not only help code officials but also those responsible for designing and constructing residential buildings. Participants will understand what’s required to do quick – yet thorough – site inspections. Sample inspection checklists, worksheets and other forms will be discussed and downloadable.
Attendees will be able to…
1. Describe a process for inspecting residential construction that includes assessing the highest impact energy code provisions
2. Understand the inputs to provided forms and checklists such as duct and envelope testing verification and HVAC design forms and integrate them into your organization’s normal compliance documentation or enforcement processes
3. Recreate a timeline that includes which construction details and verification forms need to be provided/collected and when in the design/construction process
4. Describe how third-party energy professionals such as duct and envelope testers and HERS Raters fit into the inspection process