- This event has passed.
(R2.1) Residential – Air Sealing to 3 ACH50 (Pt 1)
December 8, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am EST
NOTE: To attend this session, registrants must log in using Web browsers Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
- Architects 1.5 AIA LU | HSW
- Home Performance Contractors 1.5 BPI CEUs
- Code Enforcement Officials 1.5 NYS DOS In-Service Hours, Topic 3 (Energy Code)
To receive credit, participants must log into the GoToWebinar application within the first 15 minutes of the training and stay until the end of the webinar. VIDEO VIEWING IS REQUIRED!
Relevant market research, including the DOE Residential Field Study, revealed significant noncompliance with 3 ACH50, and multiple other field studies in nearby geographies and uncovered lack of proper insulation installation. This webinar training covers air sealing, air barriers, blower-door testing, identification of potential leakage sites in CAD details, 3D graphics, and photographs, for single family residential including other issues, such as party walls, in low-rise multifamily. This webinar is Part 1 of a two-part series on energy code envelope requirements. Both webinars include test-your-knowledge questions, and guided discussion of pros/cons of various strategies.
Attendees will be able to…
1. Understand how to review, install, and inspect details necessary to achieve an envelope leakage rate of 3 ACH50 or less
2. Differentiate between several air sealing techniques
3. Identify and resolve common leakage areas
4. Understand code requirements for air sealing from the 2020 ECCCNYS Table 402.4.1.1 Air Barrier and Insulation Installation.