- This event has passed.
RESNET HERS Rater Training (Online Component (Online))
June 7, 2021 @ 12:00 am - June 18, 2021 @ 12:00 am EDT
RESNET HERS Rater Training – (Click Here For More Info)
June 7-18, 2021 Online Component (Online)
Due to Covid-19 the Classroom/Field component of this training, which is normally done on site and in the field, will be run as a live distance learning component. Students will not have to travel in order to attend this training. Everything will be done online, with live trainers.
The Alliance is pleased to offer high quality HERS rater training classes in the Northeast, approximately 2-3 times per year. Our hybrid HERS rater training classes include an online and a classroom training component. This comprehensive package has everything a student needs to be well prepared to become a HERS rater. HERS Rater Training is the first step towards Rater Certification. To learn more about the requirements for certification click here. Both online and classroom components are required for Rater Certification. Early Bird Discount deadline is May 10, 2021. Final registration deadline is May 24, 2021.
This course has been approved by the Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund, which has funds available for employee training. Step one is to get a certificate of good standing here. Step two is to fill in the application here (select online course application in step 1 under the Application Process Summary). The course ID # is:1104902. An overview of the application process can be found here. Please direct questions about the Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund Application to Jose Ibarra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-717-6943.
Full Training Cost of $2595 Includes the Combined Online and Classroom Components, and $525 in RESNET Testing Fees:
- All three RESNET Exam Fees- including the new HERS Rater Exam ($525 total value)
- The newly updated Northeast HERS Training and Reference Manual ($100 value)
- A one-year Associate Membership in the Alliance ($50 value)
Online Training Component includes:
Dates: Weekdays from Monday, June 7-18, 2021
Times: 9am-12pm (and two afternoons 1-4pm)
- 36 hours webinar instruction from the comfort of your own home or office*
- Both live and recorded presentation options
- Assignments and quizzes to make sure you master the material
Students are encouraged to attend all sessions at the scheduled time with the live instructor, however, sessions will be recorded, and in the event that a few must be missed, they can be watched later. *A minimum of 8 of 12 sessions must be attended live.
The Alliance is now offering an online only option as a stand-alone component for anyone who wants to know about ratings but does not want to become a rater. The online only component costs $750 and includes information about building science, energy modeling, and performance testing. This offer also includes an NEHERS manual ($100 value) and a 1-year associate membership to the Alliance ($50 value) but does not include simulation software or RESNET testing. Must be combined with the classroom component for Rater Certification.
5-Day Classroom/Field Training Component includes:
Dates: June 28-July 2, 2021, 8:30am-5pm
- Distance learning equipment usage with blower door and duct blaster
- Two of the five Probationary Ratings overseen by a RESNET certified Candidate Field Assessor required by RESNET
- Preparation, proctoring and fees for all three RESNET Exams.
Purchase the John Krigger Residential Energy book for an additional $81.75 (including shipping) when you register if you want a hard copy. This is the most common reference book on building science used both to prepare for the class and as a reference for the open book exam. Pre-approval of BPI CEUs is currently pending, the BPI credits can also be obtained for this training by submitting your certificate to BPI after the class.
***Both online and classroom components are required for Rater Certification***
FINAL REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS May 24, 2021
PLEASE VISIT OUR TRAINING WEBPAGE FOR A MORE COMPLETE DESCRIPTION
Have you read our Q&A section for future ‘Independent’ raters?
Prior to making payment, be sure you have read and understood our Cancellation Policy (below)
For questions email email@example.com or call/text 978-633-3013. Office Hours are Tues 9am-12pm and 1pm-5pm/ Wed 1-5pm/ Thurs 9am-12pm and 1-5pm.
Contact: Betsy Ames at 978.633.3013
- Online Registration
The Alliance is pleased to be able to offer high quality HERS Rater training in the Northeast. It would be unfortunate to have to cancel a class at the last minute because one or more students drop out. In order to cover our costs and continue to hold classes when students cancel, our refund policy is as follows:
There is a non-refundable $100 deposit at the time of registration. Fees paid by the Alliance to RESNET for software licenses included in the training are also non-refundable. And any fees paid by students for Krigger books are not refundable once the books have been shipped.
If you need to cancel your registration and our training coordinator receives notice of your cancellation in writing (email):
- 21 or more days prior to the online class: You will be refunded the full training cost minus the $100 non-refundable deposit.
- Between 21 and 8 days prior to the online class: You will be refunded the full training cost minus the $100 non-refundable deposit and a $150 processing fee.
- 7 calendar days or less prior to the online class: No refund.
If you need to transfer your registration to an upcoming training and our training coordinator receives notice of your intent to transfer in writing (email):
- 21 or more days prior to the online class: You may apply the non-refundable deposit, plus a $100 transfer fee, to a future Alliance training session if one is available.*
- Between 21 and 8 days prior to the online class: You may apply the non-refundable deposit, plus a $250 transfer fee, to a future Alliance training session if one is available.*
- 7 calendar days or less prior to the online class: You may apply the non-refundable deposit, plus a $500 transfer fee, to a future Alliance training session if one is available.* In the event that a student either does not pass or drops out from the online component, then wishes to transfer to an upcoming training, the student will be responsible for the full cost of re-taking the online component, which may be higher than the $500 transfer fee. This may be the case even if the overall price of the training has not changed.
CANCELLATIONS AFTER TRANSFERS
If a registration is transferred to a future Alliance training session and you then withdraw, the Alliance will retain both the non-refundable deposit and the transfer fee based on either how many days in advance of the original training you transferred or how many days in advance of the subsequent online training you withdrew, whichever is shorter. If you transfer your registration seven calendar days or less prior to the online class and then withdraw from the subsequent training, there is no refund. Students must transfer registrations within 1 year from their original registration and may transfer registrations no more than twice.
Exceptions to the above stated policy are rare but will be considered on a case-by-case basis with the approval of the NEHERS Board of Directors. If you have to withdraw from a class, please contact the training coordinator immediately at 978-633-3013.
*Future Alliance training sessions, may or may not include third party subsidies, therefore future sessions may be at a higher cost than the one from which you are withdrawing. If you transfer to a class that is at a higher cost, the student will be responsible for the difference.