- This event has passed.
(R3.1) Residential Mechanical Systems: Whole House Ventilation (Part 1)
December 9, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am EST
NOTE: To attend this session, registrants must log in using Web browsers Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
- Architects 1.5 AIA LU | HSW
- Home Performance Contractors 1.5 BPI CEUs
- Code Enforcement Officials 1.5 NYS DOS In-Service Hours, Topic 3 (Energy Code)
To receive credit, participants must log into the GoToWebinar application within the first 15 minutes of the training and stay until the end of the webinar. VIDEO VIEWING IS REQUIRED!
There has been a high interest in northeast states for education on the code requirements for whole-house mechanical ventilation. In this course attendees will understand the building science behind this important code requirement and be able define various methods of achieving compliance. In addition, attendees will learn how to determine the minimum required ventilation rate based on house specifications and choose a system that meets the ventilation rates and fan efficacy requirements.
Attendees will be able to…
1. Understand the benefits of tight construction combined with mechanical ventilation
2. Determine the minimum required ventilation rate for a specific home and identify and resolve common installation problems
3. Describe the differences and pros and cons of several mechanical ventilation strategies
4. Determine fan efficacy requirements on a system design