- This event has passed.
(R3.2) Residential: Efficient Forced Air Distribution (Pt 2)
December 9, 2021 @ 10:15 am - 11:45 am EST
NOTE: To attend this session, registrants must log in using Web browsers Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
Click Here for Full Attendee System Requirements
- Architects 1.5 AIA LU | HSW
- Home Performance Contractors 1.5 BPI CEUs
- Code Enforcement Officials 1.5 NYS DOS In-Service Hours, Topic 3 (Energy Code)
To receive credit, participants must log into the GoToWebinar application within the first 15 minutes of the training and stay until the end of the webinar. VIDEO VIEWING IS REQUIRED!
In this course attendees will understand the importance of duct testing, sealing, and installation on the total performance of a house heating and cooling system. Attendees will be able to distinguish various code requirements based on duct proximity to the building thermal envelope. In addition, attendees will learn duct insulation requirements and methods. Attendees will be introduced to a customizable Duct and Envelope Testing (DET) reporting form to make demonstrating code compliance straightforward and efficient.
Attendees will be able to…
1. Understand the consequences of leaky duct systems
2. Understand how to achieve tight ducts
3. Identify and resolve other common duct installation problems
4. Utilize the provided duct and envelope testing (DET) form to document or verify compliance with duct testing requirements