- This event has passed.
(S3.1) NYStretch Energy Code for Commercial Buildings (Pt 1)
December 15, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST
NOTE: To attend this session, registrants must log in using Web browsers Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
- Architects 1.5 AIA LU | HSW
- Home Performance Contractors 1.5 BPI CEUs
- Code Enforcement Officials 1.5 NYS DOS In-Service Hours, Topic 3 (Energy Code)
To receive credit, participants must log into the GoToWebinar application within the first 15 minutes of the training and stay until the end of the webinar. VIDEO VIEWING IS REQUIRED!
This course is Part 1 of a two-part series covering several requirements in the NYStretch Code for commercial buildings including: code compliance paths; building thermal envelope; mechanical systems; service water heating; commissioning; and, additions and alterations. We also discuss the intention and benefits of this voluntary code and its relationship to the New York City energy code.
1. Identify all available energy code compliance pathways under NYStretch
2. Identify differences between NYStretch and the base energy code
3. Understand which provisions are modifications of the IECC/ASHRAE versus an expansion in scope
4. Identify and understand all mandatory requirements (items that must be met regardless of compliance path)