- This event has passed.
(C1.2) Lighting Systems for Large Commercial Buildings (Pt 2)
December 14, 2021 @ 2:45 pm - 4:15 pm EST
NOTE: To attend this session, registrants must log in using Web browsers Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
Click Here for Full Attendee System Requirements
- Architects 1.5 AIA LU | HSW
- Home Performance Contractors 1.5 BPI CEUs
- Code Enforcement Officials 1.5 NYS DOS In-Service Hours, Topic 3 (Energy Code)
To receive credit, participants must log into the GoToWebinar application within the first 15 minutes of the training and stay until the end of the webinar. VIDEO VIEWING IS REQUIRED!
Large commercial buildings are common in large urban areas, and while less common in suburban and rural areas, they have large per-building energy impacts. This program will prepare design professionals and code enforcement officials ensure their work results in buildings with better-than-average energy use intensities.
Attendees will be asked to pinpoint the locations in construction documents where various lighting controls and equipment specifications are (or should be). Attendees will understand lighting power code requirements for both interior and exterior applications. Guided discussions will help attendees identify the best ways to provide adequate documentation on plans and inspect or elucidate control configurations in the field.
Attendees will be able to…
1. Understand the 2020 ECCCNYS code requirements for commercial lighting systems
2. Understand lighting power density calculations and how to determine if building and space types meet code limits
3. Understand how to do calculate exterior lighting power allowances
4. How to provide evidence of lighting functional testing