- This event has passed.
(C1.1) Mechanical Systems for Large Commercial Buildings (Pt 1)
December 14, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm EST
NOTE: To attend this session, registrants must log in using Web browsers Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (most recent 2 versions)
- Architects 1.5 AIA LU | HSW
- Home Performance Contractors 1.5 BPI CEUs
- Code Enforcement Officials 1.5 NYS DOS In-Service Hours, Topic 3 (Energy Code)
To receive credit, participants must log into the GoToWebinar application within the first 15 minutes of the training and stay until the end of the webinar. VIDEO VIEWING IS REQUIRED!
Large commercial buildings are common in large urban areas, and while less common in suburban and rural areas, they have large per-building energy impacts. This program will prepare design professionals and code enforcement officials ensure their work results in buildings with better-than-average energy use intensities.
Attendees will be asked to pinpoint the locations in construction documents where various mechanical controls and equipment specifications are (or should be). Guided discussions will help attendees identify the best ways to provide adequate documentation on plans and inspect or elucidate control configurations in the field.
Attendees will be able to…
1. Understand the types and basic functions of common and complex HVAC systems
2. Identify where ventilation and related equipment are required including economizers, demand-controlled ventilation, and energy recovery ventilation
3. Understand fan power limitation calculations and how to determine if systems meet code limits
4. Know when commissioning is required and identify what is needed to show compliance