- This event has passed.
ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction and Single-Family New Homes
November 30 @ 10:00 am - 2:30 pm EST
An event every day that begins at 10:00 am, repeating until December 1, 2023
This training is a combined class for both ENERGY STAR Single-Family New Homes Version 3.1 and ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction Version 1.1. We will cover a broad array of topics including program requirements & guidance, rater checklists, and ENERGY STAR partner resources. The test will be given following the final day of training for each section.
ENERGY STAR / the EPA requires all people completing the third-party verification of ENERGY STAR Single-Family New Homes and ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction be certified as a Rater or Approved Inspector and have successfully completed an EPA-recognized training class (as this class is).
For homes (both single-family and multifamily) attempting to meet Section 45L (Tax Credit for Energy Efficient New Homes of the Inflation Reduction Act), after 01/01/2023 the base level tax credit will be tied to ENERGY STAR certification. For single-family new homes, the base level tax credit is $2,500 while the multifamily new construction base level tax credit is $500 (or $2,500 when prevailing wage requirements are met).
ENERGY STAR Single-Family New Homes – Monday & Tuesday (11/27/2023-11/28/2023). The exam will be on Tuesday (11/28/2023) following the class.
ENERGY STAR Multi-Family New Construction – Wednesday through Friday (11/29/2023-12/1/2023). The exam will be on Friday (12/1/2023) following the class.
Classes daily from 10 AM EST to 2:30 PM EST. Exams will be from 2:30 PM EST to 4:30 PM EST
Required training by ENERGY STAR program:
- ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Version 3 / 3.1 training or
- ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Caribbean Version 3 training
- For individuals who will primarily be working in Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands, it is recommended that they complete training using these materials instead of the ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Version 3 / 3.1 materials.
- ENERGY STAR Certified Homes Version 3 / 3.1 training, and
- ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction (MFNC) Version 1 training (to certify MFNC projects on or after January 1, 2020)