How we collect information about you
When you use the Compass Client application, you access and store form data that is specific to your user account on an instance of Compass.
Additionally, if you open an account or enter a building into our system, we may prompt you to enter some or all the following types of information:
- Basic Building Contact Information – owner’s name, address, phone, email, building name
- Utility Data – including supplier account numbers, usage and optionally cost
- Building Modeling Data – Output files from TREAT, REM or other modeling tool, may include physical dimensions of your building and details on types of appliances
How we use the information we collect
The data we collect from you will be used in the some or all of the following ways:
- Personal Information will be used as follows:
- To generate end user reports specific to your property
- Some data will be anonymized so that it can no longer be associated with a specific person or can be used to identify that person. This anonymized data will be used as follows:
- To create peer-group or community comparisons reports
- For research and development
How we protect and store personal information
Throughout this policy, we use the term “personal information” to describe information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not identify a specific user.
We store and process your personal information on our computers in the US, and we protect it by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable US federal and state regulations. We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, we enforce physical access controls to our buildings and files, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfill their job responsibilities.
We do not share your personal information with any outside organizations without your explicit permission.
2017, Compass Client Application – Performance Systems Development, Inc.