This quarter’s Employee Spotlight is…
Victor Butler – Field Inspector, Programs
1. Where did you grow up? Where do you reside now?
I grew up in Paterson, New Jersey and I now reside in Passaic, New Jersey.
2. What did you want to be when you grew up (when you were a child)?
I always wanted to be a firefighter when I was a child because they are like superheroes.
3. What guided you into the energy efficiency industry?
I stumbled upon the energy efficiency industry in 2007. It just so happened I saw an ad for an inspector job so I filled out the application and they called, hired me, and trained me for the job and that’s how I arrived in the energy efficiency industry.
4. What does a day in the life of Victor at PSD look it?
I get up at 6 a.m. and have a cup of coffee, then I start looking over the inspection reports for today’s inspection. Then I have to make sure all my equipment is working. After that, I call my customer to make sure they are still available for the inspection and it just continues but I love the challenge of the job.
5. What is your favorite PSD-related memory?
When I was onboarding we use to meet in the mall and go over paperwork during our lunchtime. It was around this same time 3 years ago in November.
6. What do you do when you aren’t at work? Any interesting hobbies?
I go to the movies with my family a lot and I love to visit friends and family on the weekends and play basketball.
7. What is your favorite holiday?
I enjoy all the holidays the same but my birthday is on 12/17 so Christmas was when I got most of my gifts.
8. Favorite travel destination? Or dream travel destination?
Florida to visit my Grandparents is my favorite but my dream vacation would be a cruise around the world for a year.
9. Favorite musician/genre?
I like jazz and old-school rap.
10. What’s the top item that is still on your bucket list? Have you checked off anything cool or fun?
To jump off a plane is still on my bucket list. I haven’t checked anything off my bucket list as of yet.
11. What is an interesting thing about yourself that not a lot of people know?
One interesting thing about me is that I’m a grandfather of three with one on the way from three of my four kids.