This quarter’s Employee Spotlight is…
Drui Caldwell – Program Manager, Existing Buildings
1. Where did you grow up? Where do you reside now?
Mt. Airy, Philadelphia, PA
2. What did you want to be when you grew up (when you were a child)?
Growing up as a kid, I loved being creative and playing with Legos, so I wanted to be a builder.
3. What guided you into the energy efficiency industry?
The energy efficiency industry is a forward-thinking and fast-moving industry. When I arrived here at PSD, I saw this as an opportunity to put my knowledge and skills towards a good cause that helps people and improves our environment.
4. What does a day in the life of Drui at PSD look it?
I would describe it as balancing a lot of spinning plates all at once but, I am part of a great team, and we work well together to make sure everything is running smoothly.
5. What is your favorite PSD-related memory?
With my first year completed at PSD, so far, my favorite memory would have to be the PSD holiday virtual party last year. It was great being a part of the planning committee. getting to know colleagues I normally don’t interact with.
6. What do you do when you aren’t at work? Any interesting hobbies?
When I am not at work, I like to spend my time exercising because it helps me decompress from the day and keeps me active. I also like to travel with my family and friends.
7. What is your favorite holiday?
My favorite holiday would have to be Thanksgiving because I love to gather with family over a delicious home-cooked meal. Plus, it’s the only time out of the year I get to receive my great aunt’s cornbread stuffing muffins.
8. Favorite travel destination? Or dream travel destination?
My dream travel destination would be to visit West Africa, more specifically Ghana.
9. Favorite musician/genre?
I listen to a wide range of music, but I guess I would say R&B music.
10. What’s the top item that is still on your bucket list? Have you checked off anything cool or fun?
My top item on my bucket list is to travel around the world, so far I’ve been to seven countries.
11. What is an interesting thing about yourself that not a lot of people know?
I have been someone that likes to be creative and create cool graphics. Over the past year, I have found a new hobby designing graphics for t-shirts and tote bags.
Thank you, Drui! We really appreciate you taking the time to do this and are excited to have people get the chance to know a little more about you and your contributions to our PSD Team.